1. System and device information
Coinage automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Platforms, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable) (collectively referred to as “traffic data”).
Coinage also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use our Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience. Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
Cookies and related technologies
The Services use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember a log-in session, so you can move easily within the Website or the other Services. Without these session cookies, we wouldn’t be able to provide the Services to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you will be required to re-enter your Coinage log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information.
Performance and Remarketing Cookies
Coinage uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users who may be logged-in to the Applications or the Platforms (“Logged-In User). We do this only to better understand how you use the Website and the other Services, with a view to offering improvements for all Coinage users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Coinage with any Personal Information.
Coinage uses other third-party performance and remarketing cookies, and further information on those third-party cookies can be obtained by contacting us.
Most computer and some mobile web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The Network Advertising Initiative has also developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies. Further information can be found at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
Please note however that, by blocking or deleting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website,
Applications or Platforms.
When we may share Personal Information
Except as provided in the next paragraphs and elsewhere in our privacy notice, Coinage does not divulge any Personal Information gathered via the Services to third parties.
Notwithstanding anything in the privacy notice to the contrary, we may share any information we have collected about you or that you have submitted:
- when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
- where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
- if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
- to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Coinage;
- if we are acquired by or merged with another entity (in which case we will require such entity to assume our obligations under our privacy notice or inform you that you are covered by a new privacy notice); and
- if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
Subject to obligations consistent with our privacy notice, we may also disclose information to our affiliates, agents, contractors, and service providers in order to facilitate the functioning of the Services or to perform tasks that are integral to the Services, such as processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, or providing support services or other tasks, from time to time. Information may also be transferred from Coinage to the third parties in control of the Supported Platforms, but only to the extent required in order for the Services to function properly.
2. Security measures
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps secure.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our privacy notice.
© Coinage Services Limited Ltd 2018